Unions F@#k Yeah swag photo contest rules
1) The Contest begins on March 14, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) until 9:00 p.m. ET on April 15, 2019 (the "Contest Period").
2) The Contest is open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees, past employees, and elected officials (and those with whom such employees and elected officials are domiciled) of the National Union of Public and General Employees (the "Sponsor"), its affiliated companies or agents, Components, and/or advertising and promotion agencies.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest you must:
- Individual entry: post a photo wearing at least one piece of Unions F@#k Yeah swag.
Group entry: post a photo of a group wearing Unions F@#k Yeah swag. Each person in the group must be wearing at least one piece of campaign swag.
- Hand-drawn or computer-generated images will also be accepted.
- Entry photos must be posted to the All Together Now! Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ATNcampaign) or on the NUPGE Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/NationalUnionofPublicandGeneralEmployees).
4) To be valid, your entry must be received prior to 9:00 p.m. ET on April 15, 2019.
Limit of one entry per person throughout the contest period. If you attempt or are suspected attempting to enter more than once or use robotic, automatic, programmed or any entry methods not authorized by these rules, it shall be deemed as tampering and may void your entries.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Facebook is completely released of all liability from each entrant in this Contest.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
5) On Tuesday, April 16, 2019, in Ottawa, Ontario, at approximately noon ET, 2 eligible entrants will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. One of the entrants will be selected for the individual photo draw; the second entrant will be selected for the group photo draw. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6) Before being declared a winner: The selected entrants will be contacted by email and notified that they are eligible to win. Each selected entrant must reply by email within two (2) business days of notification and confirm their telephone number. The selected entrant must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone. The Sponsor will then email, and the selected entrant will be required to sign and return within five (5) business days of notification a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which:
- confirms compliance with the contest rules;
- releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, the contest judges and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (the "Releases") from any liability in connection with the Contest, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and grants to the Sponsor the right to use the selected entrant’s name, address and likeness (individual or group photograph) in any form without further notice or compensation.
- If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by email within two (2) business days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to return the contest documents within the specified time, then he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
7) There will be two (2) prizes available to be won, each consisting of a $1,000 one-time cash prize to be given to the entrant by cheque. The entrant will be considered the person who posts the photo on NUPGE Facebook page or NUPGE’s All Together Now! Facebook page.
For the group photo, the entrant will be considered the person who posts the photo on NUPGE’s Facebook page or NUPGE’s All Together Now! Facebook page. the Sponsor shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever with respect to this the awarding, use of misuse of any prize, including the method in which the prize money is distributed among the group participants.
8) To be declared a winner, the selected contestant must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question. Each winner shall sign a release declaring their eligibility as stipulated in Section 2 of these rules; agreeing that their name, image in any form may be used for advertising purposes free of charge; and releasing the Sponsor, as well as its respective directors, officers and employees (the "Contest Parties") from all liability for any damage or loss arising from participation in this Contest or from the awarding, acceptance or use of the prize. The prize shall be accepted as is. No substitutions will be allowed. Any unused portion of a prize will be forfeited. If the prize cannot be awarded as described in these rules, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with another of comparable value, as determined in its sole discretion. Refusal to accept the prize releases the Contest Parties from any obligation toward the winner. If a contestant makes any false statement, (s)he will be automatically disqualified from the Contest. The Contest Parties assume no liability for any loss, damage or injury, including without limitation:
- lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late, destroyed, illegible or incomplete entries;
- loss, theft or damage to software or computer or telephone data, including any breach of privacy;
- fraudulent calls;
- inability of any person to participate in the Contest for any reason including mistaken addresses on mail or e-mail; technical, computer or telephone malfunctions or other problems with computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, or software; congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination of the foregoing;
- damage to any person’s computer, including as a result of playing or downloading any material relating to the Contest;
- any delay or inability to act resulting from an event or situation beyond their control, including a strike, lockout or other labour dispute at their location or the locations of the organizations and businesses whose services are used to administer this Contest; or
- prizes that are lost, damaged or misdirected during shipping.
The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
All personal information, such as name and contact information, is collected by the Sponsor solely for the purposes of administering this Contest and shall not be used for any other purpose without your express consent. If the identity of a contestant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the contestant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected contestant may be required to provide proof that (s)he is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, using any robotic, automatic programmed method that artificially increases the odds of winning or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by the Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right to amend the Contest rules or to terminate the Contest at any time without any liability to any contestant. Any amendments to these Contest rules will be posted on unionsyeah.ca.
By entering, you agree to abide by the Contest rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which decisions are final and binding on all contestants. Full contest rules are available on https://unionsyeah.ca/contest/photorules